- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces shiitakes, stems removed, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
- 2 bunches rainbow chard greens roughly chopped
- Stems removed and used in hummus recipe
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitakes and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add half the chopped garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and wipe out skillet.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chard stems, season with salt and pepper, and cook until stems begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chard greens and 2 Tbsp. water. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook until greens are mostly wilted, about 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, tossing, until greens are wilted and tender, about 2 minutes more. Stir in mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.