Swiss Chard with Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 8 ounces shiitakes, stems removed, quartered (or cremini)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
- Rice vinegar and coconut aminos
- 2 bunches rainbow chard greens roughly chopped
- Chard stems removed and used in hummus recipe (found on this website)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitakes or cremini mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Add the chopped garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chard greens and 2 Tbsp. water or mix of water, rice vinegar and coconut aminos.
Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook until greens are mostly wilted, about 2 minutes. Uncover and cook about 2 more minutes, tossing, until greens are wilted and tender.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, and sprinkling of hot sauce or pepper flakes (if you like it spicy).