Sweet Potato and Beets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large beet, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss your sweet potato and beets with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until soft.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, add onion and season with a pinch of salt.
5. Cook until onions caramelize.
6. Add sweet potatoes and beets to the pan and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes.
(Source: Dr. Josh Axe from his book "Eat Dirt")