- 2 small eggplants
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red or orange bell pepper
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (or 1 tsp of dried herb)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp of dried herb)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 dash sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice eggplant into 1-inch pieces. Toss with 1 teaspoon sea salt and drain in colander for at least 20 minutes.
2. Pat the eggplant dry and place in large skillet with olive oil. Cook over medium heat until softened, stirring.
3. Add diced onions to pan and cook until soft. Add minced garlic and continue to cook.
4. Add peppers and squash that are diced into large pieces and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring.
5. Add halved cherry tomatoes and continue to cook until all vegetables are soft.
6. Add fresh basil and oregano (or dried herb if you prefer).
7. Serve warm today or chilled the next day. The flavors blend and are even more delicious as a leftover. Serves 4-5 people.