- 2 cups lentils (soak overnight)
- 1 jalapeno (remove seeds and chop)
- 2 large tomatoes (remove seeds and dice)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup red pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (can subsitute tamari or soy sauce)
1. Soak lentils overnight or at least 8 hours.
2. Rinse lentils, cover with water in a pot, and cook covered 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Skim off foam with a large spoon as lentils cook.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Drain excess water from cooked lentils and place in a large bowl to cool.
6. Add all jalapeno, tomatoes, red onion, carrots, and red pepper to large bowl with lentils.
7. Mix the dressing ingredients into the cooled lentils and vegetables.
8. Add salt, pepper and ginger (optional) to taste.
9. Refrigerate lentil salad to allow flavors to blend.
10. Serve as a side dish to your favorite entree.