Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
- 3 pounds fresh or frozen [thawed] Brussels sprouts (season with sea salt and black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped (if you prefer, you can substitute walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Drizzle a rimmed metal sheet pan with olive oil.
Trim bottoms of Brussels sprouts and cut larger Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
Toss the thawed Brussels sprouts in the olive oil before placing into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
While Brussels sprouts are cooking, toast pecan halves in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant (when cooled, lightly chop).
Once the Brussels sprouts start turning golden, remove from oven and add cranberries.
Return the Brussels sprouts to the oven and continue to roast for 5 to 8 additional minutes. When the berries start to pop, remove from the oven.
Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts and cranberries to a bowl using a spatula. Add the toasted pecans.
In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and vanilla. Whisk to combine and pour over the Brussels sprouts and pecans. Stir to coat.
Taste and season with salt and black pepper if desired.
Serve and enjoy!