German Potato Salad
- 2 pounds cubed small red potatoes
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices chopped, cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish
1. Cook potatoes in salted water in medium-high heat for 13 minutes or until fork tender.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion in avocado oil until translucent (about 5 minutes).
3. In a measuring cup, combine the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
4, Pour mixture into skillet and stir for about 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
5. Add the potatoes to the skillet and stir to mix.
6. Serve and top with optional bacon. Add parsley or your choice of herb for garnish .